Short Answer Questions
1. What factors motivated the burst of exploration that began in the late 1400`s? What factors enhanced the sea voyages to make them easier to undertake?
The increased knowledge of the people during the Renaissance period brought about by the existence of Printing Press motivated the burst of exploration that began in the late 1400`s. The sea vessels such as ships enhanced the sea voyages. These sea voyages began trades all over the world.
1. Briefly discuss Calvinism`s doctrine of Predestination what was its appeal?
Calvinism`s doctrine of Predestination is about the conviction that God is the one responsible and in control of all that is going on in the world. The appeal of this dogma was established on its ability to deliberate circumstances of the age upsetting all groups and the antidotes and comfort delivered both by its contribution and by its philosophy.
2. Who were the philosophers and what did they contribute to the Enlightenment?
John Locke, Descartes, and Thomas Hobbes were among the Philosophers of the Enlightenment. John Locke is the founder of the Enlightenment. Descartes revolutionized geometry and algebra. Thomas Hobbes` Leviothan stated that humans are self-driven individuals.
3. What was secularization and how did it help undermine the Catholic Church?
Secularization is the separation of religion from the daily social life of the people. During the secularization, the Catholic Church was advised to reform based on the Rousseauian self-governing principle.
1. Identify Pizarro and discuss his achievements.
Pizarro was an explorer. He was also a Spanish conquistador. Pizarro is famous for his discovery of the City of Lima.
2. In general, how did the English interact with the natives they encountered in North America?
The English men did not treat the natives of North America fairly. The natives were thrown away and were forced to vacate their land.
Chapter 25 and 26:
1. Discuss two examples of the impact the Europeans had upon the traditional societies of the Middle East and the Far East?
The government and the religious practices of the Middle East and Far East before were influenced by the Europeans.
1. Explain the structure of the government and society in one of the Islamic Empires.
Islamic Empires performed their duties based on the teachings of Quran. The leaders were either elected or chosen. The chosen successors replace the Caliphs. Leaders also sought counsel from elders and all rulers who promoted injustices were admonished.
Bentley, Jerry & Ziegler, Herb. Traditions and Encounters A Global Perspective on the Past, Vol. 2: From 1500 to the Present, 5th Ed.
Short Answer Questions